Just like learning to breastfeed, it takes time and patience to get the hang of breastfeeding pumps. First you need either a manual or automatic pump. Get yourself in a relaxing environment before you start to pump. The first couple of times pumping may take longer than you expect, this is normal, your body has to adjust to a new situation. Watch the videos below to learn how to pump breast milk stress free.
Relaxation Tips for Stress Free Breast Milk Pumping
If you orientate yourself on this quick list of tips to pump your breast milk stress free.
- Find a quiet place to pump.
- Sit with your shoulders relaxed and your back supported.
- Have someone massage your neck and back to help you relax.
- Drink a glass of water or juice during pumping.
- For mother’s whose children are being cared for: Call the nursery to check on your baby before you pump.
- Take a hot shower or apply warm cloths on your breasts prior to pumping.
- Look at pictures of your baby or chant the name of your baby while pumping.
- Close your eyes and think about your baby, imagine your baby in your arms.
- Try breathing exercises or listening to relaxing music while pumping.
- Massage each breast in small circular movements with both hands. Go to the outer breast towards the nipple. Massage all around the breast.
- After massaging for about two to three minutes, roll each breast in the nipple between thumb and forefinger.
Here is a selection of Breast Pumps
The Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump with Backpack by Medela is perfect for the active mother. It”s all in the bag with this handy kit. Kit includes the Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump that fits securely in the stylish black microfiber backpack. The Natural Expression pumping is designed for faster milk flow and feels more like your baby than any other pump. The customized pumping with adjustable speed and vacuum control lets you pump at a comfortable pace. [Click here for more information and reviews on the Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Backpack]
We all know that the benefits of mother’s breast milk are not to be topped when it comes to baby’s nutrition. But there are times where it is simply not feasable to nurse your baby. Pumping your milk can be an excellent substitute. We wish you a stress free breast milk pumping experience!
New parents have a lot of cause to be concerned about their baby’s health. Visiting any website with even just the regular things that can – and do – happen to most babies is enough to drive someone to distraction. Even non-parents would be hard pressed not to shudder in sympathy. Something as common as diaper rash, which affects most babies at some point in some measure, is still too much for any parent to bear with real composure. Knowing how to recognize diaper rash, and prevent it getting worse, is something that all parents will be well served by in the early life of their baby.
The diaper area of a baby will, unavoidably, come into contact with some bacteria on a regular basis. Even regular changes and cleaning can sometimes fail to pick it up. You will know when your baby has diaper rash, as it is characterized by skin in the diaper area appearing red and inflamed, and in some cases coming up in pimples. It will irritate the child and if left unchecked can develop into something worse, including a number of infections. As well as this, it will be obvious to any parent that the child is in quite some discomfort. They will cry more and louder, and show general displeasure. Keeping your baby clean will, however, keep diaper rash from occurring in a severe manner or too often, and swift corrective action including treatment with a gentle, pH neutral moisturizer will make a real difference, quickly.
- Natural willowherb
- Zinc oxide diaper rash cream
- Soothing Oat essence
- Specialy formulated to help reduce duration and severity of diaper rash
Aveeno Baby Diaper Rash Cream is a unique zinc oxide formula with soothing oat essence and natural willow herb starts to work on contact to soothe red skin and effectively treat diaper rash, while the effective barrier helps prevent it from getting worse. When applied at the first signs of redness, visible improvement from the first application was seen. Apply cream liberally as often as necessary with each diaper change.
Rating: (out of 10 reviews)
List Price: $ 19.74
Price: $ 18.99
- Helps treat and prevent diaper rash.
- Protects chafed skin due to diaper rash.
- Contains skin protectant Zinc oxide 10%
- Two of 4.8 oz tubes.
- For external use only.
Desitin Creamy zinc oxide diaper rash ointment with Aloe & Vitamin E Goes on smoothly & wipes off easily Hypoallergenic Fresh scent Twin Pack – One for the diaper bag and one for the changing table. Desitin helps treat and prevent diaper rash. Also, prote
Rating: (out of 7 reviews)
List Price: $ 18.71
Price: $ 7.99
Quick list on how to prevent diaper rash:
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these preventive suggestions:
- Keep a watchful eye on your baby’s diaper, and change it as soon as possible after it is soiled.
- When you change baby’s diaper, clean the infant’s bottom thoroughly with warm water and mild soap.
- Pat baby’s skin dry after a bath or diaper change — never scrub it.
- Make sure baby’s skin is completely dry before you put on a clean diaper.
- Don’t use scented baby wipes, or those that contain alcohol.
- Cover baby’s skin with a zinc oxide ointment or petroleum jelly to protect it from wetness.
- Avoid diapers with plastic edges, or plastic pants.
- Rich in Vitamins A and D.
- Treats and prevents diaper rash.
- Helps heal dry, flaky and chafed skin.
- Protects and soothes minor cuts and burns.
Rich in Vitamins A and D.
Treats and prevents diaper rash.
Rating: (out of 16 reviews)
List Price: $ 12.49
Price: $ 9.59