Just like learning to breastfeed, it takes time and patience to get the hang of breastfeeding pumps. First you need either a manual or automatic pump. Get yourself in a relaxing environment before you start to pump. The first couple of times pumping may take longer than you expect, this is normal, your body has to adjust to a new situation. Watch the videos below to learn how to pump breast milk stress free.
Relaxation Tips for Stress Free Breast Milk Pumping
If you orientate yourself on this quick list of tips to pump your breast milk stress free.
- Find a quiet place to pump.
- Sit with your shoulders relaxed and your back supported.
- Have someone massage your neck and back to help you relax.
- Drink a glass of water or juice during pumping.
- For mother’s whose children are being cared for: Call the nursery to check on your baby before you pump.
- Take a hot shower or apply warm cloths on your breasts prior to pumping.
- Look at pictures of your baby or chant the name of your baby while pumping.
- Close your eyes and think about your baby, imagine your baby in your arms.
- Try breathing exercises or listening to relaxing music while pumping.
- Massage each breast in small circular movements with both hands. Go to the outer breast towards the nipple. Massage all around the breast.
- After massaging for about two to three minutes, roll each breast in the nipple between thumb and forefinger.
Here is a selection of Breast Pumps
The Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump with Backpack by Medela is perfect for the active mother. It”s all in the bag with this handy kit. Kit includes the Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump that fits securely in the stylish black microfiber backpack. The Natural Expression pumping is designed for faster milk flow and feels more like your baby than any other pump. The customized pumping with adjustable speed and vacuum control lets you pump at a comfortable pace. [Click here for more information and reviews on the Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Backpack]
We all know that the benefits of mother’s breast milk are not to be topped when it comes to baby’s nutrition. But there are times where it is simply not feasable to nurse your baby. Pumping your milk can be an excellent substitute. We wish you a stress free breast milk pumping experience!